South Central Soccer Academy the premier soccer club on the south side of Indianapolis serving Greenwood, Whiteland and Franklin IN. Come join the fun offering recreational, TOPSoccer and travel leagues.
Weekly - FB Live sessions from Coach Nick Hargett - Starting the week of April 6th.
1. Click on - Player Tools to take you to the Red Bulls Youth Academy website that has a number of different skills sessions to work on during the break from home.
CLICK HERE for the Red Bulls Homework Scorecard to keep track of your progress.
2. Watch soccer! We realize no live games are being played.
Here are some tips from iSoccer that you can use to learn from watching:
Pick a player: Choose a player you really like, or who plays your position, and focus on what they are doing throughout the game. What do they do well? What do they do without the ball?
Pick a skill: Focus on one area of the game like one touch passing or how their bodies are shaped when they receive the ball. How does one team organize themselves at the back, or the other team pressure in the midfield?
Off the ball: Instead of following the ball the whole game, spend some time watching what players are doing off the ball. How are they supporting their teammates, making runs, or tracking back?
Here are a few of my suggestions for finding full matches:
3. CLICK HERE for a technical workout from our Technical Director Shaun Mahoney. This can be done on your own, with a partner or small group. If you have access to a wall in which the ball can be played off of, even better. EVERY player on the team can become better doing these things. Let us know if you have any questions.
4. We have been in contact with the founder of Beast Mode Soccer David Copeland-Smith. He is offering their app at a half off rate to provide the players additonal training resources. Details below.
Here is what you will have to do to get the app at the discounted rate:
* Players will have to go here: https://app.mysoccertraining.com/register to register. Once that is done, they will be taken to the payment page.
* Fill in credit card as usual, but enter the discount code BMSCV2020
* The discount code will not work if they use PayPal, so no PayPal for this!
* Start using the app!
Please remind players that the $10 is monthly and recurring.
5. A couple great books for any player, parent or coach by Joshua Medcalf are attached as well. Vince Ganzberg recommended Chop Wood Carry Water to our coaches in December and it is a great read. The author, Joshua Medcalf, shared a free copy of Pound the Stone this week to those that wanted a copy on twitter. Looking forward to reading it over the next week.